Collaborates with businesses, agencies, community leaders, and Adult Resource Alliance (ARA) programs and services to provide opportunities for adults 60 and older to share interests and engage socially within the community. Connects retirees and seniors to interesting educational programming, physical and cognitive activities, arranges day trips to areas of interest, and tours of local businesses. Develops community relationships as an ARA Ambassador, supporting Keeping Up With You (KUWY) and ARA’s Mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, coordinates and executes a range of activities that complement the interests of retirees and senior citizens of Yellowstone County.
- Identifies participant interests and desires to help determine future activities.
- Develops and maintains quarterly and annual timing and action calendars.
- Coordinates space, equipment, financial, and staffing needs for each activity.
- Collaborates with other ARA programs / departments and staff, as appropriate, to conduct set-up clean-up, participant check-in, building space and bus/van reservations, fee deposits, and other duties as needed.
- Communicates scheduled activities to staff through all-staff meetings, monthly activities meetings, and other avenues to ensure open and clear communication.
- Develops formal processes and procedures for activities, to include money handling, participant safety, and emergency procedures.
- Coordinates special events to include ARA Health Fair(s), ARA Craft Fair(s), annual Love Tree project, and other events as requested.
- Evaluates participant satisfaction following established activities via participant surveys and/or other established methods.
- Develops and maintains activities resource list and distributes it to appropriate staff and volunteers.
- Responsible for tracking outcomes relevant to activities offered, participation, revenue and expenses; reports outcomes monthly to Executive Director, and Board of Directors as requested.
- Responsible for promoting KUWY activities and events through Senior News publication and ARA website to include preparing articles/information, adhering to submission deadlines and assuring calendar of events on ARA website remains current.
- Utilizes individual judgment within established standards and procedures for safety and emergency situations.
- Attends and participate in scheduled staff meetings.
- Works well under pressure, meeting multiple, and sometime competing deadlines while maintaining high quality customer service and positive participation results.
- Maintains confidentiality of participant and volunteer information.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for volunteers and other positions in the department.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience/Education):
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in coordinating activities, events or projects preferred
- General office skills required, including interpersonal skills and strong organizational skills
- CPR / First Aid certified, or ability to be certified
- Must have a valid Montana driver’s license, car and insurance
- Must pass a national background check
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Frequent bending, stooping, walking, and standing
- Frequent use of fingers, hands and arms
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. using safety equipment / belts
- Ability to listen, hear and speak clearly
- Close, peripheral and distance vision
- Occasional exposure to extreme heat and cold due to travel
The Housekeeping Assistant is responsible for ensuring the cleanliness throughout the Billings Heights and Avenue D facilities and parking lot areas. The Housekeeping Assistant is considerate of staff, participants, and building tenants. General hours of work will be 2 – 3 hours per day, between 7:00 am – 10:00 am, Monday through Friday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Creates and maintains a cleaning schedule.
- Sweep and damp mop all tiled / linoleum flooring in common areas; Sweep dining room floor daily and damp mop 2 – 3 times a week or as needed.
- Sweep internal stairs at building main entrance.
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms – sinks, toilets, counter tops, mirrors, door handles (bathroom doors and stalls).
- Vacuums carpeted hallways and entrances with industrial / commercial grade vacuum and power head.
- Remove trash from bathrooms and common areas.
- Re-stock supplies: toilet tissue, towels, soap, trash liners etc. in restrooms as appropriate.
- Picks up all visible trash in the parking lot and surrounding areas.
- Vacuum all areas of carpeting, including offices.
- Wipe off / Wash entrance area rugs in an appropriate manner based upon material.
- Clean interior glass at each main entrance.
- Clean interior glass windows along all main hallways.
- Dust all baseboards, glass window rims, light fixtures in common space and hallways.
- Mop interior stairs.
- Remove trash from individual office spaces.
- Based upon tenant consent, dusts individual office spaces.
- Properly uses “Wet Floor” caution signs or other safety warning materials to notify others of the hazard.
- Identifies, reports and/or corrects obvious safety hazards.
- Attends monthly all staff meetings. Participates in safety meetings as requested.
OUTSIDE (as needed):
- During winter months: Shovel / clean off sidewalks, building entrance as needed, daily; distribute ice melt (or similar product) as needed.
- During spring, summer and fall: Remove and spray weeds along the building, fence line and sidewalks.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply online:
- Required: Adobe Acrobat PDF reader on applicants computer
- Download the Enrollment Form to your computer.
- Fill out the form. *IMPORTANT – The Enrollment Form is a fillable PDF, which means you can fill it out on your computer using Adobe Acrobat Reader. Make sure to download the PDF to your computer, do not fill it out in the browser tab.
- SUBMIT Alliance Job Application:
a) firstname.lastname@example.org OR
b) 1505 Avenue D
Billings, MT 59102
Adult Resource Alliance is EOEApply Now
The Adult Resource Alliance is always looking for fill-in/substitute employees for the following programs. Please contact Bethanne Mauch; HR Manager, at 406-259-9666 ex. 204 or email@example.com for more information.
- Meals on Wheels